Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Very Vintage Vibe

28Aug13(1) 28Aug13(2) 28Aug13(3) 28Aug13(4) 28Aug13(5)

Dress (worn with tank underneath): Anthropologie
Heels: Target
Sunglasses: Rayban "Clubmaster"

A retro curl + a vintage cut dress = perfect femininity. I picture my both of my grandma's wearing something similar in the 40's, when they were in their 20's.

When I was in high school, two of my best girlfriends and I would sing trio songs. One of the first we ever learned was Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy by the Andrews Sisters. I can remember sitting in my room, crowded around my boom box, listening to the recording and trying to pick out the harmonies. We were actually pretty good - we sang for our high school talent shows, were cast in community theatre productions together, and even won a local singing contest.



Music has always been such a huge part of my life. Some of my best memories and best friendships have stemmed from music, in some way. It has a unique way of connecting people, and connecting people to certain times or places in their lives. Music makes my life special.