Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Little Birdie Told Me...

2June12(1) 2June12(2) 2June12(3) 2June12(4) 2June12(5) 2June12(6)

Cardigan: Target
Ruffle Blouse: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Jeans: Silver, Von Maur
Sandals: Blowfish
Earrings: Lucky Brand
Bangles: ALDO & The Buckle

This is what I look like after an 8 hour day at the store (aka my new home).  I think I've finally gotten used to the somewhat strange schedule I've been given (Wednesdays and Thursdays act as my weekend now) and all I can say is: props to anyone who works in retail - actually, props to anyone who works full time!  I can finally understand why my parents are so exhausted when they get home from work.  Besides the fatigue, however, I'm truly enjoying learning the ins and outs of the fashion industry.  I never realized how much responsibility store managers hold, and if you think its an easy job you couldn't be more wrong.  Yet, with all the new and daunting tasks and expectations, I love knowing that I work for a company that values the effort I put in to my job.  In short, I love maurices!

Anyway, yesterday was my birthday!  I'm officially 22 years old now.  If you wanna check out pictures of my delicious cakes (yes, multiple) or just have a peek into my life, you can follow me on instagram, username mw_thread, or if you don't have a smart phone/device, you can follow me online here.

So, how about this outfit?  I love the bird print (we call this a conversational print at maurices) and if you look closely, my earrings are little birds sitting on branches!  I should have taken a close up of them - oops!  Also, the ruffles and pleats add a sweet, girly touch to an otherwise simple outfit.  And who doesn't love a sock bun?

P.S. I know I'm a little late on the uptake here, but if you haven't checked out Of Monsters and Men's new album, My Head is an Animal, you NEED to!  I'm listening to it as I type!