Thursday, June 27, 2013

Braid Me, Baby

27June13(1)27June13(2) 27June13(3) 27June13(4) 27June14(5)

Blazer: GAP Outlet
Pants: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Wedges: Vera Wang for Kohl's
Earrings: Target
Necklace: Tiffany & Co
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

Working at a beauty school, I am constantly surrounded by people who have incredible hair and can do incredible things with hair. I mean, these people are talented! So, in an attempt to break out of my usual routine, I decided to try a new braiding technique. 

How do you like it? Not too special in the front, but BAM! there's a surprise in the back! I followed this tutorial from Ashley of The Shine Project, but added a twisted braid bun instead of wearing it down. Ashley makes the braid looks super gorgeous on her thick hair, so you should check it out too.

I'm certainly no cosmetologist, but I'm doing the best I can do learn more about the industry and my own hair. Did you know that conditioner works best if your hair has been towel-squeezed first? Me either! Just because I'm no longer in school doesn't mean I'm no longer a student - there is so much more to learn and so many people to learn from.