Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No Brainer




Top: LOFT
Jeans: Lucky Brand
Booties: Blowfish
Scarf: Macy's
Earrings: Betsey Johnson
Necklace: Tiffany & Co.

I love outfits like this one; they're simple, comfy, and cute.  It's my somewhat far-fetched spin on a classic cotton t and jeans, but mostly, it's an uncomplicated choice that I can throw on in the mornings when I'm rushed.  It's pretty hard to go wrong with basic black, and I prefer to use earthy-tones as accents, like chocolate brown, caramel, and olive rather than pops of color.  

 Recently, I started mixing a variety of materials to make my outfits more exciting.  Layering different textiles gives an outfit an edge of depth and dimension.  Plus, in chilly weather, the feel of a chunky knit or a fuzzy lining against your skin is completely cozy!