Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Problem with Shorts

14March12(1) 14March12(2) 14March12(3) 14March12(4)

Tank: Target
Cami: Target
Shorts: See Thru Soul, Von Maur
Shoes: TOMS
Sunglasses: Rayban "Clubmasters"
Earrings: GAP
Bracelets: ALDO (gold), Von Maur (silver), Gift from China (white)
Ring: Local artist from Durango, CO

Oh my goodness, it is HOT! It finally feels like summer out there, which I love! I spent the breaks between classes today reading outside by Frog Baby and getting some sun.  It felt fantastic.

I changed my outfit about five times this morning before I finally settled on this one.  This is my only pair of shorts I own that truly fits me and that I feel comfortable in (aka, I'm covered without being too conservative).  This has been a problem ever since I gained some weight from college, and for the past few summers, I've been at a loss with how to dress myself.  Most of the shorts and skirts I find are micro mini, which is an instant no, but I don't want to totally cover myself up either.  It's hard to find the happy medium.

These shorts have a higher waist, which I like, and I can wear them with the confidence that my booty won't be hanging out of the back!   I am on the lookout for some cute, affordable shorts that are made to fit a young woman, while trying to veer away from the teenage look.  Is anyone else going through this?  Where do you find the best summer clothes?