Thursday, February 16, 2012

Career Fair 101

16Feb12(1) 16Feb12(2) 16Feb12(3) 16Feb12(4) 16Feb12(5) 16Feb12(6) 16Feb12(7) 16Feb12(8)

Tank: Gap
Trousers: Gap
Blazer: A. Byer, Carson's
Heels: Steve Madden
Headband: Forever 21
Earrings: Gift
Necklace: Tiffany & Co
Watch: Gift

Today I attended my first career fair! I invested hours in researching companies, perfecting my resume, and finding the perfect outfit, but I'm so happy (and proud) that I went.  I handed out lots of resumes and had the opportunity to network with some great companies - and possibly future employers!

As mentioned before, I have trouble finding professional clothing.  Since I am petite, most of the clothing in the women's section is too big, and the juniors section is too small.  The styles can also be a problem - I don't want to look like I'm dressing too old for my age or too young.  Lastly, I have to watch the cut of clothing.  I am curvy, so I always want to make sure everything is covered!

  In my search, I found that GAP has fantastic, professional looking clothing at a reasonable price.  (Both the top and trousers were on sale!)  They're definitely my go-to store from now on!

As far as my hair goes, I found this great tutorial on how to make a "cinnabun".  I love this look, and it's super easy to do.  The way I wore it here makes my hair look polished and professional, but the video shows a modern, funky take on it.

*Funny side note - I have enough credits to be a senior, but I'm technically only a junior - this is my third year here at BSU!  Since my name tag implied that I would be graduating soon, I had to clarify to all the companies that I was looking for internship opportunities, not a permanent career.  Not yet, at least!